Medical ozone Therapy
- pure medical grade oxygen turned into medical grade ozone, which is administered to the patient through different routes is called medical ozone therapy.
- Ozone is highly unstable , which splits into oxygen(o2) and singlet oxygen(o) in 20 minutes.
- Medical ozone generation and delivery systems therefore require that ozone be created at the moment it is to be administered.
- Ozone is created by applying energy to oxygen. The oxygen source should be pure and devoid of nitrogen or other impurities.
- Ozone being the most active and reactive species of oxygen, readily mixes with blood, lymph and other body tissues and purify them.
- Ozone kill disease causing micro organisms, improve cellular function and promote healing of damaged tissues.
- with higher levels of O2 in the tissues, bacteria and viruses are killed along with defective tissue cells. Thus healthy cells survive and multiply more rapidly, resulting in stronger immune system.
Medical Properties Of Ozone
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well not only for macular degeneration, but also for most other chronic age related conditions as well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG).DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell.In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen.This is a common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C.Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant.The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production.Ozone can often correct this problem
Mechanism of ozone action:
- Activation of red blood cell metabolism by improving oxygen supply. Helps in arterial circulatory disorders(peripheral and cerebral in particular) and revitalization.
- Activation of immune cells by releasing body’s own vital cytokines such as interferons and interleukins. Helps in add./complimentary therapy in various kinds of cancer, Revitalization, General immune weakness.
- Increase and activation of the body’s own antioxidants and radical scavengers ,thus promoting a preconditioning effect or adoptability to oxidative stress. Helps in inflammatory processes like arthritis, reactivated arthrosis, vascular conditions, age-related processes..
- Powerful germicidal action, helps in treating wide variety of infections. As lower life forms like bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites lack antioxidative enzymes,they can’t survive in presence of strong oxidant like ozone.