Ozone therapy in cosmetic problems
- Ozone is a substance created by the nature and produces a complex, integral effect on the human body.
- Ozone therapy can bring relief in following skin afecing problems: acne rash, cellulites, local lipodystrophy, vascular defects, hypertrophic & keloid scars, age related changes.
- Ozone therapy treatments improve microcirculation, oxygenation and energy supply of cells. Many cosmetic problems – acne, wrinkles, allergy, cellulites, – are reflecting the internal state of the organism, therefore they should be treated not only from the outside, but also inside.
- And this task can be successfully done by ozone producing a detoxication, antimicrobial, antiviral effect and increasing the organism’s immunity.
- Ozone is a unique agent preserving and restoring the natural beauty and health of skin. Ozone therapy does not mask defects of skin, but normalizes its natural functions and stimulates its own work.
Mechanisms of Action
- Bactericidal action.
- Viricidal action.
- Fungicidal action.
- Systemic reparative action on the homeostasis:
- Improvement in the oxygen-transport properties of blood;
- Activation of the pro- and antioxidant systems;
- Improvement in the micro- and macroflow properties of blood;
- Activation of the homeostasis;
- Stimulation of the hematopoiesis;
- Activation of the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids (bioenergetic, biosynthetic effects);
- Activation of the formation of biologically active substances;
- Immunomodulating action of ozone (immunostimulation of small doses, immunosuppression of great ones);
- Analgesic effect;
- Detoxificating action of ozone.
Aging of the skin is induced by inhibition of proliferous cell division, exhaustion of epidermis, increase in keratin layer, decrease in elasticity and increase in residual epidermis deformation (wrinkles). These problems can be fought with ozone therapy.
Ozone activates metabolic processes in cells, normalizes active membrane transport, deformability, viscosity and electric properties of membranes. At the same time, the energy processes are intensified: on the one hand, through the increased utilization of oxygen by cells owing to activation of aerobic glycolysis, Krebs’ cycle, B-oxidation of fatty acids, and on the other hand – through optimization of the oxygen-transport function of blood. Ozone stops oxidative stress, activates the antioxidant defense system and neutralization of the destroying effect of free radicals. Collagen and elastin synthesis is stimulated, it comes to an increase in tissue liquid volume in deep layers and restoration of the skins natural ability to retain water, and as a result wrinkles disappear and the skin look younger and smoother.
The rejuvenating courses of ozone therapy can be of great benefit for correcting signs of skin fading after 35.
The well-manifested effect is observed already after 3-4 procedures: flattening of fine wrinkles, an increase in skin turgor, decrease in face pastosity, improvement of face color. The patients report a decrease in skin dryness, disappearance of skin constriction sensation, even after washing. The patients notice a lifting effect in submaxillary and cheek-chin areas.